Human Resources employees are experts at walking the fine line between management advocacy and employee advocacy. Unfortunately, considering the amount of work they do for both sides, maintaining the balance becomes difficult. That’s when executives lose their passion and decide to leave. However, there is a way to ensure HR staff members have less on their plate: Mobile Forms.
“Wait. Why Mobile Forms Again?”
One of the biggest obstacles to the productivity of human resources departments is repetitive transactional tasks. Highly manual HR processes and unstructured work processes lead to added complexity and productivity drain. Further complicating things is the use of paper-based forms, which is counterproductive to the pace of HR’s work.
HR paper forms can make record-keeping and documentation extremely chaotic. For starters, they create a gap in communication and coordination between HR and the staff. Paper forms are also prone to errors and inaccuracy, issues which further add to the time, labor, and money unnecessarily wasted on HR processes.
Realizing these inefficiencies, forward-thinking enterprises have duly automated their human resource processes. However, they didn’t stop at automated HR management software. Especially as paper is the main cause for many issues burdening HR.
On the other hand, mobile forms have proven to be very effective for the back office. They are also the best tools for overcoming the HR challenges in the construction, mining, health care, and logistics industries.
“So Which Mobile Forms for HR Should I Have?”
If you’re planning on rolling out a mobile forms app for your HR staff members, you need to carefully select which paper forms to mobilize. Set priorities for the forms you’re currently using, and begin automating your forms accordingly.
To help you further, here are the forms we highly recommend you begin with.
1) Employee Timesheet Form
The Employee Timesheet mobile form effectively replaces paper employee time tracking forms. While it does make everyone’s work easier, it especially benefits HR by:
- Recording the employee hours worked during a pay period
- Collecting proof of work such as eSignatures, official documents, and/or images
- Generating employee salary without costly mistakes
2) Stay Interview Form
Stay interviews allow employees to effectively evaluate their employers, ensuring their opinions are valued. They also help enterprises understand why employees stay or decide to leave. The mobilized version of a Stay Interview form delivers more benefits though, including:
- Overcoming scheduling conflicts (especially when meeting remote field workers)
- Collecting responses and proactively responding to employees’ concerns
- Customizing questions on-the-go based on user roles or previous answers without the hassle of paper
3) Ideas Matter Form
Also known as an Idea Submission form, the Ideas Matter mobile form allows employees to submit their test or personalization ideas. In addition to empowering the workforce, mobilizing this form helps by:
- Providing employees multiple ways to detail their ideas (e.g. pictures, text, or MS Word documents)
- Sending ideas to stakeholders automatically and promptly for further brainstorming
- Storing achievable ideas with lower priorities safely for future use, in PDF format delivered to inbox and/or cloud storage services
4) Stories of Excellence Form
Highlighting an outstanding employee is easier with forms such as Stories of Excellence. By using a mobile form designer to re-create this form, HR executives benefit by:
- Simplifying the process of submitting details of stories of excellence
- Giving supervisors the option to include media as proof for their choice
- Ensuring all top performers are rewarded, even those on remote sites
5) Workshop Evaluation Form
Training is vital for keeping employees up-to-date in your industry. With Training or Workshop Evaluation forms, HR can ensure the staff is getting the best value for money. Providing feedback via mobile forms takes things to the next level by:
- Mandating response from everyone (possibly by assigning feedback as a task)
- Saving the time and productivity otherwise spent on writing feedback
- Eliminating the inefficiencies of paper-based feedback such as cost and data loss
6) HR File Note Form
File notes are important for both employees and HR as they document important details of a discussion and ensure both parties sign off on this record. By opting for the mobile form version, here are some of the benefits you get:
- Improving record keeping for HR, especially as forms are submitted directly to data stores or emailed to designated personnel
- Generating a transparent trail of digitized notes on an employee’s performance or discipline to support decisions such as promotions
- Documenting all types of discussions quickly, effectively, and accurately while leaving no room for data manipulation
7) Record of Interview
Incidents are bound to happen in the workplace. To prevent your enterprise’s liability, HR personnel need to effectively record events and statements related to such instances. By using mobile forms for this purpose, you enjoy perks such as:
- Providing as much evidence as possible about an incident in the form of text and photos
- Collecting binding eSignatures with each declaration about not disclosing information on the incident
- Preventing information leakage by digitizing records and delivering them directly to the enterprise’s secure data stores
There are so many more mobile forms you can design for your human resources department. However, why not try some of the above mentioned seven right away? Download Makeen transform from the buttons below, then tap on Ready2Use to start using HR mobile forms such as File Note instantly.